- How do I add Flipgrid to Canvas?
1. Log into both Flip and Canvas and keep both tabs open.
Log into Flip here: https://info.flip.com/ Make sure to use your Gmail account to log in.
2. On Canvas go into your Course and then select Settings along the left side of the page.
3. Once you are under settings you will go to the top of your screen and select Apps. Then in the "filter by name" box, you will type Flip, and press the icon that says, Flip.
4. Next, press the +Add App button A message will pop up on your screen to add your Consumer Key and Shared Secret.
5. Now, go into your Flip tab and press your picture icon in the top right corner. You will then scroll down and press Settings. Once you are in the Settings, you will press Integrations on the top.
6. Once in the Integrations section, press Add New Integration under Canvas. You will then create an Integration name and press create. (It would be easiest to use the Canvas course name.) You should then see a Consumer Key and Shared Secret Link at the bottom.
7. Next, copy the Consumer Key link and paste it into your Canvas Course tab. Do the same procedure for the Shared Secret link. Once both links are copied over to Canvas press the Add App button.
8. Last, refresh your screen and make sure you see Flip under your installed apps.
Whoo hoo! You now have added Flip to your Canvas Course. Repeat this procedure for each course. You can now use Flip for assignments in your Canvas account!