This article goes over the basics of how to add a virtual background to your Zoom desktop client. If you need more in-depth information, see Zoom's article on the matter.
- Sign into the Zoom desktop client. Whenever you do that, you want to sign in with Google using your PLI account.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Select Backgrounds & Filters .
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign in again.
- Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image or video to select the desired virtual background. Your PLI account will automatically come with 2 PLI virtual backgrounds.
* If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
- (Optional) Add your own image by clicking and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video. There are many backgrounds you can choose from or create. As long as you have the PLI logo, express your creativity however you like!
Make Your Own
You're welcome to use your creativity to make your own Zoom backgrounds. The only requirement is a thoroughly visible PLI logo. To do that, you can find our logos with transparent backgrounds here, plus many pre-made backgrounds. Have fun!
Grab A Fun Premade PLI Zoom Background
Don't have time to make your own? No worries, there are lots to choose from here.