In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.
Click the Actions menu , then click the Export link .
When the export is completed, Canvas will download the CSV file automatically to your computer.
If you navigate away from the page during the export, the CSV file will appear as a previous download in the Actions menu so it can be downloaded again. The Gradebook will show the date and time you requested the export.
If you made changes to the Gradebook after exporting a file and want to export a new file, click the Export link again.
- Gradebook export files include the date and time of the download to differentiate between multiple exports. The export filename format is YYYY-MM-DDTHHMM, followed by the course name.
- Gradebook export files automatically save to your user files in an Unfiled folder.
Edit the scores in Microsoft Excel. Make sure to save the file as a CSV file type.
Once you have made changes, you can upload it to your course.
View Read-Only Columns
The CSV download includes read-only columns displaying current and final scores. These columns display for each assignment group in a course and for final course grades.
- Current Points: Reflects points for graded assignments
- Final Points: Reflects points for all assignments
- Current Score: Reflects scores for graded, posted assignments
- Unposted Current Score: Reflects scores for graded assignments and includes hidden assignments
- Final Score: Reflects overall score including unsubmitted assignments as zero but excluding hidden assignments
- Unposted Final Score: Reflects total score, including unsubmitted assignments as zero and hidden assignments
- Current Grade: Reflects course grade based on graded, posted assignments
- Unposted Current Grade: Reflects course grade based on graded assignments, including hidden assignments but excluding unsubmitted assignments
- Final Grade: Reflects overall course grade including unsubmitted assignments as zero but excluding hidden assignments
- Unposted Final Grade: Reflects overall course grade, including unsubmitted assignments as zero and hidden assignments