To enable the Virtual Background feature for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings.
- In the Meeting tab, navigate to the Virtual Background option (under the In Meeting (Advanced) section) and verify that the setting is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level, and you will need to contact your Zoom administrator.
Using Virtual Background
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Select Backgrounds & Filters .
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign in again.
- Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image or video to select the desired virtual background.
- (Optional) Add your own image by clicking and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video.
If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
- To disable Virtual Background, open the virtual background options again and choose the option None.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color when I have a green screen is checked.
- After you select an option, that virtual background will be used for your future meetings.
- For more information about the Blur option, please refer to the Blurred background article.